Vomiting is usually not a serious health issue. Most often, it is your body’s reaction to a temporary problem. Few of the main causes of puking are excessive eating, pregnancy, drinking too much alcohol, food poisoning, viral infections, and stomach disorders.
Vomiting, known medically as emesis and informally as puking or throwing up, is a biological defense mechanism. It is a reflex activity, which refers to the forceful oral expulsion of stomach contents. The actual function of puking is to eliminate toxic or harmful substances from the body after ingestion.
Some of the warning signs of puking may be excess saliva in the mouth, vertigo, fluctuating body temperature and increased heartbeat. If you notice these symptoms, try some of these easy and simple home remedies.
Find vomiting homemade remedies, Home Remedies for Vomiting and how to stop vomiting.
Home Remedies for Vomiting
- Crush 2 cloves (laung) and boil in 100gm water for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes mix some misri or sugar in it, drink it and sleep sideways. Follow this procedure after every 4 hours will give you 100% relief in puking .
- Clove is best home remedy for vomiting and nausea. Rub 2 cloves to make a thick paste and take it with 30gm hot water. Only chewing clove is also beneficial in puking, nausea, vertigo and bad breath of mouth.
- If you have vomiting in pregnancy then rub 2 cloves with misri (candy sugar). Now mix this paste in half cup lukewarm water and drink.
- If you feel vomiting during your journey in bus or train then chew 1 clove. It will give you instant relief.
- If you have vomiting because of heat then take 12 gm coriander powder and soak in 250gm water for 1 hour. For taste mix 1 table spoon candy sugar in it. After one hour filter this water and give 1 table spoon of this water to children and 30gm to adults after every one hour. Its best home remedy for vomiting in summer season.
- Take one big lemon and cut it in 2 parts. Now apply rock salt on one part and chew slowly. It will give you instant relief in puking and vertigo.
- If you have hard vomiting then take one table spoon lime water, mix it in 125gm milk and drink 2 times in a day.
- Mix one teaspoon of ginger juice with one teaspoon lemon juice and consume it several times a day.
- Boil a cup of water and add one-half or one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If you do not have cinnamon in powder form then simply use a cinnamon stick. Allow it to steep for a few minutes and then filter the water. If you need, you can add one tablespoon of honey. Sip it slowly.
- Add one tablespoon of dried mint leaves to a cup of hot water. Allow it to steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Filter and drink this tea.
- Add one tablespoon fennel seeds powder in a cup of boiling water and allow it to steep for 10 minutes. Filter and drink this tea twice a day. You can also chew one tablespoon fennel seeds.
- Mix one-half teaspoon of cumin seeds in warm water and drink this water slowly.