Medicinal plants shatavari benefits and Pictures (Asparagus racemosus)
Shatavari is a climbing plant and its meaning is that “she possesses 100 husbands.” This is a sweet and bitter herb. It has pine needle like shiny and green photosynthesis branches. Young stems are delicate and brittle. The flowers are white and the berry is purple-black in colour. The roots are tuberous, finger-shaped. The plant is found in tropical and subtropical forests. Since ages, it has been used in the Ayurveda, Unani and Homoeopathy for the treatment of various diseases traditionally.
Indian Asparagus / Shatavari / Satavari
Botanical name and family
Botanical name- Asparagus racemosus
Geological distribution of Shatavari
The plant prefers light, medium and heavy soils. It is common in Sri Lanka, Asia, Australia, Africa, Nepal, Pakistan and the Himalayas. In India, it is found mostly in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Gujarat, Odisha and West Bengal. Due to deforestation, the plant is endangered in its natural habitats.
Buy quality Asparagus racemosus medicines
Shatavari 400 mg 60 Capsule
SHATAVARI PLUS 60 CAPSULES Herbal and Natural
Organic India Organic Shatavari Capsules (60gm)
Dark Forest Shatavari(Indian Asparagus) Powder – 200g
Organic India Ashwagandha, 400 mg, Veg-Capsules, 60 Count
Himalaya Ashvagandha – 60 Tablets (Pack of 2)
VIGOUR AND VITALITY KIT FOR MEN (ASHWAGANDHA, GOKHRU, KAPIKACHU, MORINGA LEAF, SAFED MUSLI, SHATAVARI – POWDER – 100 GRMS EACH)
Shatavari Herbal Coffee – 100 gms
Traditional Medicinals Organic Mother’s Milk Shatavari Cardamom Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Medicinal use of Shatavari
Shatavari / Satavari possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and antiseptic property. Hence, the medicinal value lies in its chemical properties. Polycyclic asparoid and steroidal saponins are drawn from the dry root. Asparagus contains purine, excess consumption of it may be proved harmful. Yet it has some useful medicinal value and they are:
- It is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders.
- It is also used for washing the external wounds.
- For women, it protects the reproductive system by nourishing the ovum. It cures infertility.
- It is also used for the treatment of bronchitis.
- It is also helpful in the treatment of chronic fever.
- Shatavari / Satavari is also helpful in the treatment of stomach ulcer.
- It also cures hyperacidity, dysentery and diarrhoea treatment.
- It also lifts up one’s spirit and adds concentration.
- It is also used for the treatment of male reproductive system by curing debility, impotence, inflammation in the sexual organ. It also increases libido naturally.
- It enhances milk in nourishing mothers because of the presence of galactogouge.
- It increases useful hormone in the body and balances Pitta.
- Shatavari increases immunity and protects the entire digestive system.
- It increases the weight of the body. Ant it is proved as an energy provider to the weak body.
- It is used as an appetizer in modern tonic. It is useful for balancing dry membrane.
- It is also use as a refrigerant because of its cooling effect.
- It protects the circulatory, digestive, respiratory system.
- It also proved as a protective of the brain.
- It also gives comfort by reducing the internal hit.
- It regulates metabolism in the body and helps to adapt to the environment.
- It is used to treat the slow growth of the children, insomnia and nervousness.
- Because of nutritious value, it is good for animals.
- It is also used as one of best home remedies for piles and gonorrhoea.
- It is also been used for gastric troubles, rheumatism, diabetics treatment at home, diarrhoea, dysentery and headache.
Shatavari is used as a valuable medicinal plant since time immemorial for the treatment of some incurable diseases. In Ayurveda, this herb is called Queen Herbs as it increases “love and devotion.” It has been used as traditional medicine in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha.