Male Infertility – Hindrance to pleasant life
Infertility is a medical term which refers to the incapability to reproduce. In other words it is a condition of reproductive system which prevents conception of offspring. Infertility, still now some people think it as a woman’s problem only. Among all the cases of infertility one third of the problems is solely related to male partner. The fertility among a couple is dependent on various factors which occur in both male and female. According to a survey, it is found that about 8 percent of infertility cases are related to male, 37 percent infertility cases are related to female and 35 percent of infertility cases are related to both male and female. The rest five percent cases cannot be tracked whether the incapability of reproduction is because of male infertility or female infertility. Many of the couples cannot conceive due to infertility in a man or it may sometimes sum up to difficulties caused by infertility in his partner. So it’s necessary for men also to get tested for fertility and consult a specialist as that of women. In order to avoid embarrassment some guys do late for fertility test, though early test can keep unnecessary discomfort and expenses away from their partners. Pregnancy is the outcome of some natural steps which should include the following:
- A woman’s body must have to release egg from ovaries.
- A man’s sperm must have to join with the woman’s egg and fertilize.
- Then the fertilized egg has to go through the fallopian tube and then gets attached inside the uterus.
In some cases the due to various physical and biological imbalances in body of both male and female, the above mentioned steps do not occur in a proper manner and causes infertility.
Male infertility is the incapability of a man to cause pregnancy in woman. The infertility in man normally relies on the quality and quantity of sperm of the man. If the quantity of sperm which he ejaculates is less or even if the sperm quality is poor, it becomes difficult or even impossible to cause pregnancy in female. In most of the cases of infertility, there are no obvious symptoms. Intercourse and ejaculation occurs normally without any difficulty and the quantity of ejaculated semen looks normal with naked eye. There are various numbers of disorders like hormonal problems, physical problems, psychological problems etc which may come out to be the reason behind infertility in male.
Causes of male infertility
Infertility in male is generally caused by any kind of problems or complications which affect the proper transportation of sperm or even production of sperm. There is medical testing by which the exact reason of infertility in male can be determined. Male infertility can be due to testicular damage which hampers the ability of testicle to produce sperm. Once it is damaged, there is no chance to regain sperm production capability. In spite of medical limitations, there are options available for successful treatment of male infertility. Sometimes low sperms are produced and does not fertilize with the female egg. Medications such as chemotherapy, cimetidine, anabolic steroids, spironolactone, phenytoin, nitrofurantoin and sulfasalazine might cause infertility in male. Those male who are addicted to drugs and alcohol have higher risk of infertility. Smoking tobacco is also a major reason of male infertility. Smokers have about 30 percent more chances of infertility. There is medical evidence that tobacco kills the sperm cells. Smoking increases the intake of cadmium as tobacco plant absorbs cadmium metal. This can damage the testes. In some cases the DNA gets damaged. As there is increase in age of male, consistent decline of semen quality occurs. This decline is due to DNA damage and this is a vital factor in causing male infertility. Blockages or obstructions in the tubes in male which leads sperm from testes to penis can lead to lack of sperm in the ejaculated semen and thus leads to male infertility. Again generally the sperm antibodies do not affect fertility; but in some cases due to complications the sperm antibodies reduce fertility in male. It is also found that sexually transmitted diseases like repeated gonorrhoea or Chlamydia trachomatis also leads to infertility in male. This infections cause blocks the passage of sperm. Major mental stress can also lead to decrease in sperm count temporarily.
Increase sperm count and semen quantity
Sperm count means the number of sperm in a man’s ejaculation. Generally over 20 millions sperm per milliliter is considered to be normal. Less number of sperm count is one of the causes of male infertility. Some ways to increase sperm count are:
- Ashwagandha is best ayurvedic herb to increase male fertility. Take 1 table spoon mixture of ashwagandha powder and candy sugar powder every night with hot milk. This is also best ayurvedic medicine for vigour and vitality.
- Shatavari benefits are non countable and its very beneficial for fertility.Take 1 table spoon shatavari powder (Asparagus racemosus root) with water and take 250gm hot milk over it. It increases male fertility, semen quantity, sexual power in men and prevents sexual weakness.
- Take 2 table spoon onion juice and mix 2 table spoon honey in it. Take this mixture every morning with empty stomach. Take this natural medicine from 3 weeks to 3 months.
- Nutritious food which is high in protein, low in fat, whole grains, vegetables, dark chocolate, garlic, oysters, maca, goji berries and walnuts helps to increase sperm count. Reduce intake of caffeine. Astringent, bitter and spicy foods must be avoided.
- Increase the intake of daily amounts of calcium and vitamin D. Drink plenty of water and fluids.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol consumption and reduce stress level. Consumption of alcohol affects liver function that cause a rise in oestrogen levels.
- Exercise regularly mainly PC muscles and reduce excess weight. Excess weight can cause imbalances in the testosterone or oestrogen levels that affect the semen quantity and sperm count. Regular practice of Yoga and Meditation can keep your body and mind healthy.
- Wear loose and cotton clothes and avoid hot baths.
- Massage regularly to increase blood circulation that helps to increase semen quantity.