So what is dandruff? Dandruff is brought on when a fungus (like yeast) called malassezia becomes on your scalp. This outcomes in shedding of the scalp skin. There are two types of dandruff. One happens because of the dryness of the scalp, while alternate happens due to the production of excessive oil on the scalp. Some of the known reasons for dandruff are:
Improper and irregular brushing of the hair
Improper and unhealthy diet
Stress and certain illnesses like Parkinson’s disease, eczema and seborrheic dermatitis
Dandruff home remedies
- Take coconut oil 100gm and 4gm kapoor (camphor). Mix both and store in a glass bottle. Now massage your scalp using this mixture 2 times in a day with dry hairs after bathing and once in night before going to sleep. It will show positive result from next day. It’s also beneficial to remove goo. Its best home remedy for dandruff.
- 30 minutes before washing your hairs, take juice of one lemon and massage your scalp with that juice. Then wash your hairs with lukewarm water.
- Mix lemon juice in water and wash hairs with that water will remove all goo , it will make your hairs shiny and dandruff less.
- Use reetha shampoo (Sapindus mukorossi) instead of any other shampoo is very beneficial.
- Massage your scalp with olive oil daily. Leave the oil overnight for maximum results.
- Mix some castor and olive oil and warmed up for few minutes. Then massage your scalp with this mixture. Wrap a warm towel over the head for about 10-15 minutes. Then wash your hairs with a good quality shampoo. This helps you clear the dandruff.
- Warm some coconut oil and mix juice of half lemon. Ratio of coconut oil and lemon juice should be 5:1. Mix well and massage on to your scalp. Use this twice a week to eliminate dandruff.
How to make reetha shampoo at home
Crush reetha to make small pieces and soak in water for whole night. Next morning mash reetha in same water. Your reetha shampoo is ready. Using this reetha shampoo makes your hair long and black. To use reetha shampoo, first wash your head with lukewarm water then massage hairs with half reetha water and then wash hairs with clean water. Now again massage your hairs with remaining half reetha water and wash with clean water.