Say bye-bye to whooping cough with these simple Home Remedies for Whooping Cough
When a cough reaches a point where-in a whoop can be felt during the intake of breathe, it is, usually, called the whooping cough. Highly infectious disease, whooping cough is caused by a bacterium, which is called the bordetella pertussis. This is quite contagious in nature and can be spread by an infected person’s sneeze or cough. In fact, after the bacterium enters the body, it takes about 7-10 days time to show significant symptoms. Some of the common ones include coughing, common cold, sneezing coupled with mild fever. Whooping cough occurs when the lining of the trachea gets infected by the bacterium, as a result of which one gets prone to frequent coughing.
To treat this infection, here are some cough home remedies, which are 100% natural and can help to get relief from whooping cough with ease.
- Ginger– Probably one of the easiest and the best ways to solve problem of whooping cough, ginger is considered to be a fantastic expectorant. Having ginger strands or ginger juice can help to get rid of whooping cough within some days. Here are some ways to use ginger-
- Mix freshly prepared ginger juice with honey drops and take this at least two times a day.
- Another way is to prepare and mix equal quantity of ginger juice, lemon juice and onion juice and take this concoction once daily till the conditions improve.
- Alternatively one can boil few seeds of fenugreek in water till the quantity reduces to half. Then add freshly prepared ginger juice and few drops of honey to it. Drink this homemade tea every morning for a few weeks to get relief from whooping cough.
- Turmeric– Turmeric has anti-bacterial properties and indirectly helps to increase the immunity system to help fight whooping cough. Take a mixture of about 1/4th teaspoon of turmeric with 1 teaspoon of honey twice in a day consistently for about 15 days and get instant relief. Another alternative is to have warm milk mixed with turmeric powder to get a soothing effect. For effective results, use raw turmeric sticks.
- Garlic– Garlic cloves act like a magic agent to treat whooping cough. Having freshly prepared garlic juice twice in a day for about a week can show drastic results. Another way is to inhale garlic dipped in water. The vapours of the garlic water works like magic to cure whopping cough.
- Honey– Honey syrup has strong antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which can help to get relief from whooping cough. Take one tablespoon of honey in warm water and have it once in a day. Another option is to mix 1 tablespoon of honey with cinnamon powder and have this syrup just before going to sleep. Honey added with radish juice and salt can also be used to get relief from whooping cough.
All these home remedies can be used consistently to get amazing results. You can be assured of getting relief from whopping cough with no side effects whatsoever. Use this tips and say bye to whooping cough.