Home remedies for Anemia: Understanding the causes and treatments
Anemia, although sounds to be a simple disease, could at times, get fatal. Anemia is termed to be among the larger, UN-diagnosed issues faced today. It makes the person feel fatigued, draggy and worn out all the time. Hence, it is very much important for identifying cases of Anemia so as to avail proper treatment and get rid of it completely.
It is regarded to be a case, where the patient’s blood lacks in normal RBC cell level within it. This might be because of some deficiency present in the iron, which lowers down the level of hemoglobin of RBC cells. As the cells have been termed to be carriers of oxygen throughout the body, having weak or lack of RBC cells could prove to starvation of oxygen to the entire body.
There are several causes and types of Anemia cited. But the most persistent and important cause for this type of disease tends to remain intake of an unbalanced diet, which lacks in Vitamin B12, iron, as well as Vitamin C, helping the body in absorbing iron. The different types of Anemia that commonly affect people across the globe are Normocytic Anemia and Megaloblastic anemia. The former type is caused when the level of hemoglobin of body falls, without changes noticed in RBC level. The latter type occurs because of failure of synthesis of DNA with RNA synthesis in the body of the patient, restricting division of progenitor cells. The other types found are aplastic anaemia, folic acid anemia, Fanconi anemia, iron-deficiency anemia, hemolytic anemia, pernicious anemia, myelodysplasia and thalassemia.
The anemic symptoms though vague could be observed subtly as the following:
- Fatigue because of insufficient supply of oxygen through the body
- Excessive restlessness, easy tiring of body
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Breathing difficulty
- Enhanced pulsed rate
People at any age could suffer from this disease, with more susceptible ones being:
- Elderly people
- Pregnant or menstruating women
Anemia treatment can prove to be much tough that what it might seem to appear, especially with the reason being a body having a lack of sufficient amount of iron within. Therefore, treatment is to be done by keeping understanding the actual cause of this disease. However, in some of the acute cases, there could necessitate blood transfusions for saving the anemic patient. EPO might have to be injected into the bloodstream of the patient.
Some herbal Ayurvedic treatments have been found to provide relief to such patients, such as:
- Having cold water bath twice a day
- Practicing deep breath exercises about 10 minutes every day
- Professional massages for flushing out harmful toxins from the body
- Involving in vibrant exercises and practicing yoga
Availing the best home remedies for anemia
There are several home remedies for anemia available that can help to cure and prevent Anemia from taking place again.
Dates are considered to be wonderful sources for deriving iron. Dates of 100 g, comprises iron of about 0.90 mg. It assists the blood to have increased rate of haemoglobin. These are rich in minerals like manganese, calcium, magnesium and copper, the latter which is a must to produce red blood cells. Therefore, having them daily is sure to help take care of anaemia. Its one of best home remedies for anemia.
- Two dry dates to be soaked in a cup of milk overnight. They are to be eaten the next morning on an empty stomach and then drink the milk.
- They can be had as it is on an empty stomach every morning and then to drink milk, a cup for remaining energetic the whole day.
- 1 to 2 dates can be soaked for about 2 to 3 hours, in warm water cup and this water is to be drunk as it gets cooled down. People being lactose intolerant can find it to be a wonderful way to have dates.
2. Apple-Beetroot juice
Apple is said to be high on healthy friendly components as well as iron, whereas, beet is rich in folic acid, potassium and fibre. Right under the peel is found its nutrient-rich part. Hence, one can cook beet in a microwave oven or have it roasted on the gas stove. Then its skin is to be peeled. At least two apples are to be consumed every day. On mixing both, chances to fight Anaemia tend to get doubled. Its one of best home remedies for anemia.
What is to be taken?
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup beetroot juice
- 1-2 tsp Honey juice
How to prepare?
- Beetroot and apple juice are to be mixed together
- Honey added to it and the mixture stirred well and consumed twice a day.
Another great way to absorb iron in the body is to have plenty of tomatoes, as they are rich in lycopene and vitamin C. Its one of best home remedies for anemia.
- Drink tomato juice, a glass regularly.
- Eat raw tomatoes 1-2 every day. They can also be included in sandwiches, salad or eaten as it is.
For curing anaemia, spinach of about half a cup is enough regularly. It is high on Vitamin B9, A, C and E, as well as calcium, fibre, beta-carotene and iron. Take spinach half a cup and boil it. This would have iron of about 3.2mg that is around 20% of the regular requirement for a woman. Therefore, one has to eat plenty of spinach after boiling them. The reason is that they have oxalic acid that might interfere in the iron absorption if not boiled properly. Its one of best home remedies for anemia.
- Spinach can be had as a salad along with other vegetables like broccoli, celery, watercress, kale, etc.
- Spinach about half cup is to be boiled with cup water for making soup. Favorite seasoning can be added to it for making it tasty and drink it twice a day.
- Have honey about 2 tsp to be added to spinach leaves juice, a glass and to drink it regularly for around forty days, to get better results.
5. Nothing is better then grapes in Anemia. Eat 250 gm grapes everyday.
6. Papaya increases digestion powder and blood so eat papaya fruit everyday.
7. Take half cup of amla juice and mix 2 table spoonful of honey in it. Consume this mixture everyday.
8. Carrot, spinach and tomato juice is very good for anemic patient.
9. Sesame seeds has lot of iron content so eating sesame seeds increases blood and prevent weakness.
10. Take 100 gm radish juice and mix 100 gm pomegranate juice. Consume this mixture everyday with empty stomach.
11. Take 100 gm amla powder and 100 gm sesame seeds powder. Mix both well and store in a glass bottle. Consume one table spoonful of this mixture everyday with honey.
12. Take half cup of onion juice and half cup of honey. Mix both well and consume. Do this everyday.
13. Pomegranate juice increases blood very fast. Take one glass of pomegranate juice everyday in the morning with empty stomach.
The above home remedies can help to increase iron content in the body and take care of Anemia issues and prevent it from happening in the future.