Some easy tips for getting relief from ear discharge
Ear discharge can be really disturbing. It is, usually, marked by the unusual flow of fluid from the ear lobes apart from the naturally producing wax. Though the actual reason of the discharge cannot always be pointed at, it is usually some or the other problem inside the ear canal that causes the same. Improper balance, skin irritation and infections caused inside the ear canal are some of the other factors that result in ear discharge.
Once caused, the symptoms are quite easy to observe. It is accompanied by irritation in the lobes, acute pain and a lingering discomfort. For severe conditions, it is always recommended to consult a doctor; however, for mild problems, there are certain natural ways, which can be adopted to get relief from ear discharge.
Also Read : Earache home remedies
- Inhaling Steam– One of the best ways to treat ear discharge is steam inhalation. Steam helps to open up the Eustachian canal inside the ear lobes, which, in turn, helps to create a way for fluid discharge. Place boiling water in a vessel and keep your head inside the same. Cover your entire head with a towel and inhale steam for a couple of minutes. Tilt your head occasionally to allow fluid to drain out from the lobes. Do this twice in a day.
- Garlic– Filled with anti-bacterial properties, garlic can act like magic to cure ear discharge. Take freshly prepared garlic juice with a dropper and put the same to the ear lobes twice in a day. Allow the fluid to discharge after 10 minutes. With constant usage, the amount of fluid discharged will lessen.
- White Vinegar– One of the causes of discharge is infection. White vinegar can help to fight these infections. Mix equal quantity of white vinegar and alcohol available in drug stores and with the help of a dropper add in two or three drops to the ears. Alcohol helps in the vaporizing action of the fluids as a result of which the ear discharge slowly and steadily stops.
- Onion– A very easily available ingredient in every household, onion can be used to treat pus coming out of the ears as discharge. Extract juice of onion and warm it a bit. Use this juice with a dropper and apply it in the ears. After 5 minutes, the fluids can be discharged by tilting the head
- Neem Oil– Neem has many ayurvedic properties and has been used to cure one from infections. Clean some neem leaves and extract juice from the same. Use this oil in the ears consistently for ten days to see difference.
- Sit in sunlight– Sunlight has Vitamin D, which helps to increase the immunity of the body. Exposure to sunlight for even 10 minutes in a day can go a long way to help cure ear discharge.
In addition to the above tips, always try to keep your ears clean and ensure that no water gets inside it while showering as a precautionary measure. Use this tips and get relief from the problem of ear discharge.