Home remedies for Diabetes / High blood sugar
Definition of diabetes
Diabetes : What we eat every day whether that is sweet or sour, has carbohydrates, protein and fat. After digestion that converts into glucose and absorb by blood. Our body needs energy to function properly. After getting that energy, remaining glucose coverts into glycogen with the help of insulin Hormone.
Our body muscles and liver stores that glycogen. When body requires lot of energy at the time of hard work that glycogen convert into glucose again to fulfill need of extra energy. If because of any reason insulin level gets down in blood then remaining glucose does not convert into glycogen. It increases glucose / blood sugar level in blood which is the main cause of diabetes or high blood sugar. Our kidneys work as high level filters and removes all harmful and useless elements from our blood which later thrown out of our body but all useful and necessary elements is being send to blood.
Like every human being and every body part, kidneys also have limitation of work. Because of deterioration of insulin blood sugar level goes high and it crosses all limits of kidney filtration process. It leads glucose to come out with urine.
Diabetes mostly affected after 35 but in 5% patients it can be before 15. It’s a genetic disease.
Symptoms of diabetes
Following are diabetes symptoms to identity if you are suffering from diabetes / high blood sugar or not.
- Hunger all the times
- Increase in urine frequency
- weak eyesight and CATARACT in lower age
- weight loss
Food for diabetes : Vegetables & Fruits
- Cucumber & radish.
- Coriander, cholai, Spinach, Fenugreek (methi)
- Cabbage, Bottle Gourd, Bel patra, coconut, karela (Bitter Gourd), tomato, lemon, Carrot, Onion, ginger etc.
- lady finger & Tinda (ndian round gourd or apple gourd or Indian baby pumpkin)
- Jamun (Indian Blackberry), lemon, orange, apple, POMEGRANATE
Diabetes treatment at home
- Take 6 gram fenugreek (methi) and crush that. Now soak in water for whole night. Next morning crush same fenugreek again in same water, filter that and drink that water without mixing any sweetener in that. Follow this process for 2 month will give you 100% relief in Diabetes OR high blood sugar.
- Juice of jamun leaves (Syzygium cumini, jambul, jambolan, jamblang, Indian Blackberry) : Crush or grind 4 green and soft leaves of jamun in 60 gm water, filter that and drink. Follow this process for 10 days. Then follow this process after every 2 months for 10 days. Its best remedy for high blood sugar.
- Take seeds of jamun fruit and grind to make powder. Take 2gm dried ginger power and mix 2gm jamun seed powder in it. Now mix some aloe vera juice in this mixture and make small candies of this final mixture. Take one candy with fresh water 3 times a day.
- In initial phase of diabetes, chew 4 soft jamun leaves will give you sure relief in high blood sugar.
- Take 60 gm jamun fruit. Now boil 300 gm water in a pot and put all jamun fruit in that water. Now cover that pot with another pot for 30 min. After 30 min crush jamun fruits in same water and filter. Divide that filtered water in 3 equal parts. Take every part 3 times in a day will lower down blood sugar.
- Take 100 gm jamun (Indian Blackberry) guthli powder. Take this powder 1 table spoon every morning and evening will give you relief in Diabetes. Take this for 21 days.
- Taking curd, fruit, green vegetables, bathua (Chenopodium album), coriander, pudina (mint), Cabbage, Cucumber, Bottle Gourd, Bel patra, coconut, karela (Bitter Gourd), Radish, tomato, lemon, Carrot, Onion, ginger, butter milk, wet almonds is beneficial in blood sugar.
- Karela (Bitter Gourd) is the best vegetable in high blood sugar. Eating bitter gourd lower down blood sugar. Drink half glass bitter gourd juice on an empty stomach every morning. First remove the seeds of 2 to 3 bitter gourds and then use a juicer to extract the juice. Add little water, salt and then drink it. Follow this process every morning for at least two months.
- Stop eating sweet food, rice, sweet fruits and tobacco.
- Take half teaspoonful of Cinnamon powder and boil in a cup of water for 10 minutes. Filter and drink this tea slowly. Cinnamon, should not be taken in excess because it may damage your liver.
- Do not sleep in daytime and don’t drink water continuously but drink sip by sip.
- Eat roti of gram flour for 8 to 10 day will give you relief in Diabetes.
- Eating roti of roasted jao (barley) is beneficial.
- Jogging everyday will do a magic without any medicine.
- Doing yoga everyday specially ardh-matsyasan, mayurasan, dhanu-rasan, bhujang-asan, padmasan is good for Diabetic patients to lower down blood sugar.
- To maintain blood sugar level take 25 gm. Juice of neem ki patti (Azadirachta indica leaf / Indian Lilac leaf) in morning with empty stomach. Take boiled karela (Bitter Gourd) with food. Its best medicine for diabetes. But do not take juice of neem ki patti more than 25 gm otherwise it will lead to vomiting.
- Take 20gm Fenugreek (methi) seed powder every day in the morning on empty stomach with normal water.
- Eat 3 soft leaves of neem (Azadirachta indica leaf / Indian Lilac leaf) , 3 leaves of bel (Aegle marmelos) and 3 leaves of Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum / Holy basil) everyday.
- Taking karela (Bitter Gourd) juice and amla (Phyllanthus emblica / amalaki / Indian gooseberry) powder everyday is very beneficial in high blood sugar.
- Piss just after taking food protect you from kidney problems, back pain and liver problems.
- Make a powder of dried seeds of Jambul fruit and eat this powder with water twice a day.
- Curry leaves are known to prevent and control diabetes as they have anti-diabetic properties. Chew 10 curry leaves every morning for at least 2 to 3 months.
- Aloe vera gel helps lower fasting blood glucose levels. Mix half teaspoon of ground bay leaves with half teaspoon turmeric powder and one tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Eat this mixture twice a day before lunch and dinner.
- Guava is rich of vitamin C and high fiber content. Eating guava is helpful in maintaining the blood sugar level. For diabetics first peel the skin of this fruit and then eat it. However, too much consumption of guava in a day is not recommended.
Yoga and diabetes
- Take 30 minutes walk every day.
- Do mayurasan yoga, bhujangasana yoga, dhanurasana yoga, paschimottanasana yoga, vajrasana yoga.
Temperance in Diabetes: Food not to eat in diabetes
- Potato, carrot, Tomato, onion, garlic, chukandar (beet), sweet potato, shalgam (turnip), Arbi (Colocasia roots), Singhaara (Water Chestnuts Indian ). These will increase blood sugar.
- Peanut, mango, banana, guava ( amrood), chikoo (manilkra zapota), sitafal (CUSTARD APPLE), watermelon, muskmelon, akhrot (walnuts), kaju (cashew), raisins (kismis), almonds, Til (SESAME SEED) , khajoor (dates) and coconut.
- Do not take any sweet drink like soft drinks, honey etc.