Bee Pollen is the actual pollen from flowers that is collected from bees as soon as the hive is harvested. Little yellow pollen grains stick to the bee’s legs and other body parts as usual while bees extract nectar or juice from the flowers. Bee pollen is actually a pollen ball, which is custom made by worker honeybees and filled into pellets. Pollen bees are later harvested as the food source for humans. It is also referred as ambrosia. Honeybee Pollen contains huge amounts of proteins and other nutrients. They look like yellow, tiny, and tan colored balls with varying tastes depending on from the quality of flower, tree, grasses, or shrubs from which it is extracted. It has a natural flavor and tastes somewhat like a sweet nut. As told earlier, these pollens contains large amounts of proteins, amino acids, enzymes and antioxidants which help in building the immune system and maintains good health.
Bee Pollen has many names like Pollen de Sarrasin, Pine Pollen, Honeybee Pollen, Buckwheat Pollen, Maize pollen, Bee Pollen extract, Pollen de Abeia, etc.
Botanical Name and family
Botanical name – Apis mellifera
Geological area where Honeybee Pollen grows
Pollen is present in every flower, shrub, grass, and trees, but the quality varies ranging from type to type. There is no specific location for bee pollen to grow. They grow and develop naturally, and then are converted into bee pollen by bees while harvesting the hive. Honeybee Pollen have been consumed for many years and has a rich history.
Medicinal use of Honeybee Pollen
Honeybee Pollen mainly comprises of around thirty percent of carbs, twenty-six percent of sugars, twenty-three percent of proteins, five percent of lipids, two percent of phenolic compounds, some one percent of minerals and remaining are vitamins of two types, that is, water soluble and fat soluble.
Here are some of the benefits of Bee Pollen
- Bee Pollen reduces inflammation. Many types of research show that bee pollen acts as an anti-inflammatory item and is quite helpful in reducing the toxicities from one’s body. Thus, bee pollen is suggested as the best drug to be taken in the situations of acute and chronic inflammation.
- They serve as an Antioxidant. As mentioned earlier, bee pollen acts as an anti-inflammatory drug and flushes out all the toxicities from the body. This fact makes it capable enough to withstand oxide pressure, in turn, making it the best antioxidant of all times.
- They help in boosting the development of immune system. Known to be an allergy fighter, Honeybee Pollen has various antimicrobial or antiviral properties, which help in protecting the body from diseases and makes it immune system much stronger.
- They help in alleviating the menopause symptoms. Scientific studies have shown that bee pollen is helpful in treating menopausal symptoms, whether pre or post. It also helps in prevention of breast cancer.
- One of the most effective natural stress buster, Honeybee Pollen helps in improving the blood supply to nervous tissues, which consequently soothes out tension release in one’s mind. It is also used as a dietary supplement and to shield against liver toxicity. Bee pollen also promotes healing.