What is asthma / asthma definition
Asthma (astma) is a chronic lung disease that inflames and narrows the airways. Asthma is the reason of recurring periods of wheezing (a whistling sound when you breathe), chest tightness & pain, short breath, and coughing. The coughing often occurs at night or early in the morning.
Asthma affects all ages of people, but it normally starts during childhood. In USA, more than 25 million people have one of respiratory diseases asthma. About 7 million of these people are children.
Asthma is brought on by a blend of hereditary and natural variables. Its determination is generally in light of the example of side effects, reaction to treatment after some time and spirometry. It is clinically grouped by recurrence of side effects, constrained expiratory volume in one second (FEV1), and top expiratory flow rate. Asthma might likewise be delegated atopic (outward) or non-atopic (inherent) where atopy refers to an inclination toward creating type 1 extreme hypersensitivity reactions. Astma is also known as bronchial asthma.
Asthma Symptoms / Symptoms of asthma / signs of asthma
1. Having difficulty in taking breath is one of main symptoms of asthma.
2.Chest tightness, pain, or pressure.
3. Shortness of breath is one of main Symptoms of asthma.
4. Coughing, especially at night / Wheezing sound.
5. Sweat when taking breath.
6. Body color turns to red or light blue during astma attack.
7. Palms of hand and feet gets cold during asthma attack.
Summer season is best for asthmatic patient. Asthmatic patient can not tolerate winter season.
Home remedies for asthma
1. Take some suhaga ( borex powder) , burn it on a iron plate and make a thick powder of It. Take some mulhati / mulethi (Liquorice root) , crush it to make a thick powder. Now mix both in same quantity and store in a glass bottle. Take .5 to 1gm of this mixture with honey or hot water 3 times a day. For children, give only .25 gm. During this treatment avoid curd, banana, rice and other cold food. This is great remedy to reduce symptoms of asthma, lung diseases, stomach problems, throat infection, cough, cold treatment and nose problems. Only suhaga (borex) is sufficient in cold & cough. If you have cough problem at night then take this medicine just double in quantity. Follow this process for 3 – 4 weeks as needed. If cough is coming out of your mouth then put little quantity of this medicine in your mouth and suck for some time.
2. Soak 3 Figs ( anjeer) in water for 24 hours. Now wake up early in the morning and do Pranayam and yoga for 15 minutes. Pranayam is very beneficial in asthma as it makes your lungs stronger and control your breath. In this Pranayam inhale breath with power and fill your lungs. Now stay in same position for few seconds and then exhale the breath slowly. Do this for 10 to 15 times. Remember to inhale fast & full and exhale slowly. Now after Pranayam when your breath is normal then boil figs in same water. When water temp. gets normal then eat figs and drink that water. Best homemade remedy to relieve symptoms of asthma.
3. Take 200gm Vayvidang, 200gm Punarnava, 200gm chitrak root chal, 200gm SATGILOY (Tinospora Cordifola-Guduchi), 200gm saunth (dried ginger), 200gm black pepper, 200gm small pepper, 200gm ashwagandha, 200gm pure vidhara (rgyreia Speciosa), 200gm inknut (Terminalia chebula), 200gm baheda and 200gm amla. Grind all of these and filter using a cloth to make a powder. Now mix all these herbs to make mixture. Now take some jaggery and boil in some water to make a thick syrup. Now mix mixture of all herbs in this syrup and make small balls of it. Put these ball on a clean cloth to be dry for some time. Your medicine is ready. Take one ball every morning with cow milk. If herb ball gets tight then crush and take with milk. This is great remedy for asthma and to relieve symptoms of asthma. Its also beneficial in stomach problems, intestine diseases, throat problems, lungs, weak eyesight and heart diseases.
4. Take dry amla powder, mulethi (Liquorice root) powder and mix well. Now take 2 table spoonful of this mixture twice a day with empty stomach. Its very good remedy to reduce symptoms of asthma.
5. Take 25gm pure flax (alsi) and crush to make a thick powder. Now boil this flax in 350gm water for some time. When water content drops to 1/3 then mix 125 sugar candy (misri) in it and store in a pot. Take 1 table spoonful of this liquid after every hour for 5 times a day. IT will give you sure relief in asthma. If you feel vomiting then do not take this.
6. Taking only hot water or hot milk will give you relief because it makes cough thinner. Its very good remedy for asthma.
7. Give little hot juice of 30 – 40 grapes to patient. It will decrease the Respiratory rate.
8. Grind 5 almonds with water to make a thick paste and make it little bit hot. Now give this to patient in small small quantity.
9. Take 20gm amla juice with 1 table spoon honey everyday. Its very good remedy for asthma.
10. Mix 1 table spoon ginger juice with 1 lemon juice and 1 table spoon honey. Take this mixture everyday with empty stomach.
11. Take 1 table spoon garlic juice with 1 table spoon honey.
12. Eat date with currants and cardamom everyday.
13. Take 20gm tulsi leaf juice, some cumin, ginger juice and honey before taking food.
14. Eat 1 table spoon carom seeds with some jaggery everyday.
15. Eat 2 table spoon honey and 1 table spoon turmeric powder every day with empty stomach.
16. Mix 1 table spoon turmeric powder in 1 cup of goat milk and take before going to bed every day.
17. Take one cup cow milk, 1/4 table spoon clove powder, some black pepper powder and little dried ginger powder twice a day with empty stomach to relieve symptoms of asthma quickly.
18. Eat saunth (dried ginger powder), Fenugreek and triphala powder every day.
19. Take 12gm Sanjeevani booti (Selaginella bryopteris), rub it and soak in 400 ml. water for whole night. Now boil this water next day until water quantity drops to 100ml. Now mix 1 cup milk and little sugar in it for taste. Give this mixture twice a day to asthmatic patient in winter season and 1 time in summer. You can also mix some clove, black pepper and dried ginger in this mixture to relieve symptoms of asthma quickly.
20. Asthma has a deep connection with constipation so always take triphala powder or husk seed with hot water or milk every night before going to bed to avoid constipation.
21. sarvangasana and Ustrasana yoga, suryabhedi pranayam and anulom vilom pranayam is beneficial in astma to reduce symptoms of asthma.
22. During asthma attached drink hot water sip by sip to relieve symptoms of asthma quickly.
23. Patient should take foot bath. Take half bucket hot water (not too hot) and soak your feet in that water for 20 minutes. Cover yourself with a blanket. Close all windows, fan and door of room. During this process patient should also drink hot water sip by sip. It will stop asthma attack and relieve symptoms of asthma quickly.
24. Boil few ukelyptus leaves in water and soak a towel in that water. Remove excess water from towel and cover your chest with that hot towel for few minutes to relieve symptoms of asthma quickly.
25. Do back bone massage with lukewarm mustard oil and put hot water bag over chest for some time to reduce symptoms of asthma quickly.
Asthma in children
1. Take 5 tulsi leaves (holy basil) and crush to make a thick paste. For children above 1 year, Give this paste with some honey every morning and evening for 3 -4 weeks. For children below 1 year, give 2 drops of tulsi leaf juice with little honey twice a day. Its also beneficial in old sinusitis, headache and Migraine. For adults, In sinusitis, make paste of 8 tulsi leaves and eat that paste with some honey. This home remedy is best to relieve symptoms of asthma in child and adult both.
Foods to avoid in asthma
1. Do not eat banana, curd, buttermilk, black gram, urad dal (black lentils), butter, rice and all foods cold in nature. If you eat these foods then it may surely increase symptoms of asthma.
2. Avoid oil & oily food, jaggery, tobacco, meat, alcohol, citrus food and watermelon.
3. If you are having asthmatic attack then do not eat sugar or salt at that time.
What to eat in asthma
1. Green vegetables, sweet fruits like mango, pomegranate, papaya, orange, lemon, red tomato, garlic, hot water etc to relieve symptoms of asthma.