Sun gazing and solar healing for health
Sun Gazing : I have benefited from the joyful practices of Sun Gazing, Sun bathing and solar charged water. It has completely eliminated my fear of the sun and has awakened as deep feeling of connection with all existence. The instructions given here are from the HRM method by hira ratan manek.
Sun gazing process
- Find out the time for sunrise and sunset. It changes by a couple of minutes each day. If you like you could print a month wise calendar for your location using this website : http:www.sunrisesunset.com/custom_srss_calendar.asp
- Calculate the time one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset. There are your safe hours for sun gazing; as a beginner, you should not, under any circumstances, gaze outside these hours. This means that after one hour after sunrise, or before one hour before sunset is a no-no! For example, if sunrise is at 6:22 AM, then gaze anytime between 6.22 AM and 7.22 AM. If sunset is at 8.46 PM, then only gaze between 7.46 PM and 8.46 PM.
- Stand on sand if possible. If you cannot find send, then stand on any one of these in this order: bear earth, mud, road, concrete. AS you go down the list, the connection (grounding effect) to the earth diminishes, so the best is sand or bare earth. Avoid standing in water.
- Look directly at the sun with open eyes; blinking is allowed! Keep a gentle smile and have a feeling of gratitude in your heart. Start with 10 seconds, and each day increase your time by 10 seconds. If it is a cloudy day, then repeat the time from the last sunny day you gazed. For example, if yesterday was sunny day, and you gazed for 2 minutes, and today is a cloudy day, then you stay at 2 minutes. The same, if tomorrow is cloudy. But, the next time it is a sunny day, add 10 seconds more, so it would be 2:10 minutes.
- If you missed the safe time for sun gazing then you can look towards the sun with eye closed during the day for a few minutes. This is also very beneficial.
Also read : Surya namaskar steps for weight loss
Further tips for Sun Gazing
- If you follow the method provided above, you will have excellent results in general health and well being. If shortcuts are taken, like incrementing time too fast (easy to do!), not walking barefoot, not standing on sand or earth, then the benefits are reduced for the present time. Remember the benefits are delayed, but not denied!
- If you are sun gazing either at sunrise OR at sunset, leave the timer at the time that you sun gazed. i.e., if you sun gazed for 2 minutes 10 seconds, leave the timer at that time. The next day, you can add 10 seconds to it. This way you can easily keep track of how much time you have been sun gazing.
- Most digital watches have a countdown timer; learn to use it. Alternatively, get a digital or electronic cooking timer from a department store that counts down for at least an hour in seconds. This is your sun gazing time; don’t use it for anything else. Each day, in the morning when you go out, you increase the time on the timer by 10 seconds if it is a sunny day. If it is not a sunny day, then you leave the timer on the same time as the day before. If you are in a cold location in the winter, then sun gaze from inside the house barefoot and warm!
- If you are in a high-rise building off the ground in a city, but are able to sun-gaze in safe hours, then make a sandbox with sea sand that you can stand in. Some benefits are reduced, and it may take you longer, but results are not denied.
- The basic practice stops when you reach 5 mins.
- For those who wish to go further, keep adding 10 seconds increments until you have reached 44 minutes (this will take about 9 months), then stop sun gazing.
- Walk for 45 minutes daily for one year, barefoot on bare earth, to anchor the energies and make your body ‘solarized’. Your feet may hurt for some time, but they will get used to it. This practice is known as “Grounding” and is very beneficial for your health. Even just sitting for ten minutes with your bare feet touching bare earth will give you the benefits of grounding.
Benefits of sun gazing
- First 3 months: Mood swings dramatically reduce and one loses all fear of the sun.
- Within 6 months: Long term physical ailments start disappearing.
- Within 9 months: Hunger drastically reduces. One eats less an eats only a healthy plant based diet free from all processed foods. Much inner potentials start awakening.
Sun charged water
Water charged by the sun has amazing healing effect on body. So, to get the benefits from this water, do the following:
- Fill a half or full gallon clear glass jar with drinkable water; preferably filtered, distilled, or tap water.
- Place it outside on the ground in your yard with a glass cover over it sometime in the morning.
- Leave it outside for 3 to 8 hours.
- Drink this water throughout the day.
- Do not store in plastic, and there is no need to refrigerate.
- You can water houseplants with it, as well as give it to your pets.
These days most people are deficient in vitamin D and Sun bathing is highly recommended for preventing and curing many health ailments including cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis and son on:
- Wear sleeveless, light clothing or none if you have the privacy to do so.
- Sun bath for a half hour, within safe sunbathing times of 2 hours after sunrise or 2 hours before sunset.
- Bathe yourself, don’t bake yourself! Do not sun bath if it is burning your skin.
- Do not apply any sunscreen as this blocks vitamin absorption.