Migraine : causes, types, symptoms and home remedies
Migraine is an incessant neurological issue portrayed by intermittent moderate to serious cerebral pains regularly in relationship with various autonomic sensory system side effects. Normally the cerebral pain influences one a large portion of the head, is throbbing in nature, and endures from 2 to 72 hours. Related side effects may incorporate include nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light, sound, or smell. The pain is by and large exacerbated by physical activity. Up to one-third of individuals with headache migraines see an aura: a transient visual, tangible, dialect, or engine unsettling influence which indicates that the cerebral pain will soon happen. Sometimes an atmosphere can happen with practically zero migraine tailing it.
Migraine is a neurological problem which is characterized by repetitive moderate as well as severe type of headaches. The word ‘migraine’ literally means pain in one side of the head. The fact is this particular type of disorder gives rise to headache in one side of the head only. Span of suffering may vary from 2 hours to 3 days. Sensitivity to light, sound and smell along with vomiting and nausea are associated with this neurological disorder. Medical scientists are of the opinion that migraine can be caused due to genetics and environmental factors. This particular type of headache can make the patient to feel excessive throbbing in a certain part of the head. Some migraines are accompanied by symptoms of sensory warnings, such as light flashes; tingling in arms or legs etc. Pain with a throbbing feeling is the basic feature of this disease. Some types of migraine are characterized by symptoms like viewing light flashes and tingling feeling in legs and arms. Let us have a clear view regarding the types & causes of the disorder.
Migraine is the most common cause of regular headaches and affects a huge part of the population. In most of the cases, people confuse it with general type of headaches. Some specific types of migraine are:
Migraine without aura
Migraine with aura.
There are some subdivisions of migraine with aura.
With typical aura
With brainstem aura
Vestibular migraine is the migrainous vertigo that may or may not cause a headache. It includes some debilitating symptoms like affecting the ears, balance and vision. Some patients of vestibular migraine may have difficulty in turning the head, bending down or looking up. They feel a pressure within the head and/or ear, pain in the neck. They also find it difficult to hear low sound. Hazy or blurred visions with sparkles or partial loss of vision are also common in this type of migraine. Causes of vestibular migraine are not clearly known. It is assumed that it is caused by some strange electric messages in the brain resulting in widening of the blood vessels in and around the brain that includes the vestibular artery.
Hemiplegic migraine is the subtype of migraines with aura. Before the actual pain of migraine sets in, there are a host of other symptoms which serve as the warning signal for the coming migraine attack. These early symptoms are termed as ‘aura’ cause temporary disturbances in vision, hearing, speech and language along with control of muscles and muscle sensation. People suffering with hemiplegic migraine experience muscle weakness and paralysis, which is really severe and is so pronounced that they can result in temporary stroke like paralysis on one side of the body. In general, symptoms of hemiplegic migraine start at very young age. In some cases they disappear with age. Throbbing pain in one side of the head, pin pricking feeling while holding up the arm, numbness on one side of the body, paralysis on one side of the body, visual aura, slurred speech, dizziness along with vertigo are some of the common symptoms of hemiplegic migraine. Three genes have been identified to be the cause of this type of migraine. Defects or mutations in any of these three genes results in breaking down of a particular protein in the body which is actually responsible for proper communication among the nerve cells.
Migraine during pregnancy
Migraine in pregnant is not too serious unless the pain is accompanied by symptoms like fever, blurred vision or the pain persists for long. It is extremely important for a pregnant woman take the right treatment for migraine pain. They cannot use the general pain killers (which they could use in normal conditions) and thus they must be extremely careful not to trigger the migraine attack. Common triggers of migraine like stress, coffee, chocolate, hormones and weather must be dealt with care.
Migraine in children
Migraine is very common in children. They feel throbbing and incapacitating headaches which are located in the temples of frontal part of the head. Children experiencing migraine attack looks pale and sick. Vomiting and nausea are common in young children. They tend to avoid light, sound, strong smell and movement. Good sleep is generally enough to bring relief for them.
Medical scientists are not too sure about the exact causes of migraine, but it is believed with true reasons that environmental and genetic factors play important parts in causing migraine. It can be caused as the result of changes in the brain stem and interaction of the brainstem with the trigeminal nerve. This particular nerve is a major pathway that gives way to pain. Imbalances in chemicals present in the brain are thought to be involved in causing migraine. A chemical named serotonin is present in the brain and it has been proved that there is huge reduction in its level during migraine attack. It is assumed that fall in serotonin level makes the trigeminal system to release neuropeptides that reach the brain and cause pain.
These are some of the causes of migraine pain:
2. Too much Smoking
3. Allergic reactions
4. Drop in blood sugar level
5. Nutritional deficiencies
6. Lack of sleep
7. Too much work
9. Intake of alcohol
Symptoms of migraine
Symptoms of migraine mostly start a young age. This particular disorder is divided in four stages. Prodome is the first stage, having symptoms like constipation, food carvings, hyperactivity, depressions, irritability, continuous yawning and feeling of stiffness in the neck. This stage is followed by the Aura with the symptoms of viewing different shapes, flashes of light, loss of vision, tingling sensation in arms or legs. After these sensation feelings the real attack begins. Pain on one side of the head, which is pulsating as well as throbbing, starts. The attack stage of the disorder has the symptoms of high sensitivity for light and odour, vomiting and nausea. In some cases, vision gets blurred and the patient can also faint. The final and closing stage is known as Postdrome, which is characterized by extreme tiredness. You can also face Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Cold hands and feet, Sensitivity to light during migraine pain.
Home remedies for migraine headache / How to get rid of migraine fast?
People suffering from migraine may follow the following remedies to get rid of migraine fast.
1. Migraine Medicines: Different types of drugs are available that are efficient in curing the pain in the head. One must not take medicines without consulting a medical practitioner.
2. Limited intake of caffeine: Caffeine is good in acting on the nervous system and bringing relief from headaches. Though addiction to caffeine will give the opposite result and can even give rise to migraines.
3. Using lavender, peppermint oil is especially helpful in reducing migraine pain. Doing some massage of forehead with these oils are beneficial in migraine headache.
4. Meditation: It is one of the best ways to keep your nerves and mind in control. Practicing meditation will make you feel calm and will allow the nerves to stay fit in tension and stress.
5. Hot or cold method: You can use either of the two methods to bring the pain down. Make sure that you do not use both of these at the same time.
6. Take pure ghee (butter) of cow and put 2 to 4 drop in your both nostril using cotton. It will prevent this problem completely. It is also a good remedy for nosebleed (epistaxis). Follow this step for seven days. Its one of best home remedies for migraine.
7. Mix 1/2 glass of spinach juice with 1/2 glass of carrot juice and drink everyday with empty stomach. Follow this step for 1 to 2 months for permanent relief.
8. Crush few cabbage leaves. Now lay down on your back and apply crushed cabbage leaves on your forehead for 15 minutes. Do not add salt or anything else.
9. Boil chamomile powder in one cup of water. Now filter this water and drink slowly. It will give you instant relief in migraine pain. Its one of best home remedies for migraine. Follow this step for 1 to 2 months for permanent relief. Do not add salt of anything in water.
10. On the side of head in which you are having migraine pain, put seven drops of mustard oil (sarson ka tel) in the nostril of same side. It will stop headache immediately. Follow same procedure 2 – 3 times in a day for 5 days. It will give you 100% relief in Migraine.
11. Take 2 lemon leaves and crush. Now inhale these leaves. It will give you immediate relief in migraine headache. Its one of best home remedies for migraine.
12. Alma is beneficial in every kind of migraine headache. Eat amla jam or amla powder everyday.
13. Mix some onion juice with some pure butter and consume. Its one of best home remedies for migraine.
14. Rub sandalwood and camphor on a clean stone with little water and apply this paste on forehead. It will give you instant relief.
15. Make a paste of Fuller’s Earth with water and apply on forehead. It will give you sure relief faster then anything else.
16. Rub red sandalwood on a clean stone and apply that paste on forehead.
17. Grind some amla and turmeric and apply that paste on forehead. It will give you instant relief.
18. Rub little saffron with pure butter and inhale that for few minutes. Its one of best home remedies for migraine.
19. Boil some carrot leaves in water. Allow that water to be cool and put few drops of that water inside nose and ears. It will give you sure relief in old migraine.
20. Take some almond oil and mix some saffron in it. Inhale this mixture 3 times a day.
You can help yourself to overcome the migraine headache by following these simple home remedies. You can use oils like lavender, peppermint or basil. These oils are great in relieving headaches. Fixing your diet is a simple thing that you can follow to prevent the occurrence of migraine. There are certain foods that can trigger the disorder. Know about them and try to remove them from your diet. Additions of flax seeds and buckwheat in the diet will prevent from migraine as well. You can massage your scalp to reduce the pain. Do not try to get messaged by someone else. You have to massage your scalp by yourself to get best results. The most important thing that can be done is to stay away from stress and anxiety. Migraine is a neurological disorder and any type of pressure on the nerves can trigger it. So, be happy and stay healthy.
Weak nervous system treatment : How to improve nervous system 1. Take one amla (Phyllanthus emblica / amalaki ) form amla murabba every day in the morning with empty stomach. After taking amla do not eat anything for next 1 hour. Children can also take half amla everyday. This will surely improve your nervous system and make your nervous system stronger. Also Read : Amalaki benefits and uses How to make amla murabba / Amla murabba recipe Take 500 gm green amla, grate those amla (Indian gooseberry) and store in...
What is vertigo Vertigo is the specific kind of dizziness or the sense that you or the surrounding is spinning. Where in reality there is absolutely no movement. Vertigo is also known as lightheadedness or dizzy spells. It is the health condition that is marked with the perception of spinning motion as the result of dysfunction of vestibular system. People often consider vertigo as the fear of height, but that is an absolute misconception. This condition is associated with nausea, vomiting and balance disorder. So vertigo treatment should be done...
How to improve memory Definition of weak memory How to improve memory : Weak memory is the condition in which the person faces difficulty in remembering certain things which are necessary to maintain normal life. In this condition people experience memory lapses. Some of the problems are truly serious while some are not. People having very poor memory along with noticeable alterations in behavior and personality may actually be suffering from a particular brain disease called dementia which creates serious problems in a person’s ability to carry on with daily...