Jaundice symptoms, causes and treatment
Jaundice is also known as icterus. Person with jaundice have a yellow look to their skin and the whites of the eyes. Many newborn babies develop icterus, but jaundice symptoms can affect people of all ages. In this article we talk about jaundice symptoms at older children and adults.
Jaundice is caused by a build-up of bilirubin in the blood and body tissue. That is often due to conditions affecting the liver, such as cirrhosis, hepatitis or gallstones. If someone has icterus symptoms, doctors will try to treat the condition that’s causing it rather than icterus itself.
- During jaundice your face, eyes, skin, nails and mouth gets yellow.
- Urine gets yellow.
- Patient feels weakness and hungerlessness.
- Patient can have fever range from 70 to 100 degree centigrade.
- Pulse gets slow and weak.
- Bad taste in the mouth, dry mouth, vomiting, dizziness, gastric trouble, itching on whole body specially at night, headache, weak memory, sleeplessness, liver enlargement etc.
Jaundice treatment at home
- Take 3 baby leaves of Peepal tree (Ficus religiosa) and wash with clean water. Grind these leaves with sugar candy or sugar to make a paste. Now mix this paste in 250gm water and filter with a clean cloth. This filtered water is one of best home remedy for jaundice. Drink this water twice a day. Follow this for 3 to 7 days as necessary. Its best home remedy to relieve Jaundice symptoms. It’s beneficial in both, jaundice in adults and jaundice in babies.
- Take 1/8 gm powder of pure white alum and mix with cow butter milk. Take this mixture 3 times a day. It will destroy icterus within few days. Follow this for 3 to 7 days to relieve Jaundice symptoms.
- Take 2 tablets of Liv-52 twice a day will give you sure relief in icterus. Liv-52 is best tablet for icterus without any side effect.
- Take orange juice every morning with empty stomach for 5 days will give you relief in piliya.
- Mix little black pepper in 1 glass butter milk and take for one week to reduce Jaundice symptoms.
- Juice of radish leaves is very beneficial in icterus. Take 100gm radish leaves juice and mix 25gm sugar. Take this juice every morning to relieve Jaundice symptoms. This is best food for jaundice.
- Drink glucose water every morning, afternoon and evening is beneficial. It reduces jaundice symptoms.
- Take a white bottle, fill it with water and put under sun rays for 6 to 8 hours. When this water gets normal temperature then drink this water. Do this every day. This sun ray’s heated water is very beneficial to reduce jaundice symptoms.
- Take one cup mint leaves juice and mix some sugar in it. Take this juice every morning is beneficial to reduce icterus symptoms.
- Sugarcane juice is very beneficial in jaundice. Take one glass Sugarcane juice every morning. This is best food for jaundice.
- Orange juice, coconut water, barley water, pomegranate juice, radish leaves juice, butter milk with black pepper is very beneficial to reduce jaundice symptoms.
- Take 1 cup milk and mix 1 cup water, some grains of saunf (fennel) OR 1gm dry ginger powder in milk. Now boil that milk in iron pot. Take this milk on normal temperature.
- Eat sweet fruits like pomegranate, orange, papaya, date, grapes, raisins etc. To eat raisins, first soak raisins in water for whole night and then eat next morning and drink same water.
- Eating amla is beneficial. Also eat radish, bottle gourd, spinach, mint, green coriander, tomato and garlic.
- Eat roti of old wheat or barley without butter. Do not eat rice.
- Boil some moong dal (green gram dal) in water and mix some black peeper and rock salt in it. Eat this boiled dal everyday.
- Take 5gm mool leaf extract and mix some sugar candy (misri) in it. Take this mixture every morning with empty stomach. With in one week you will feel 100% relief in jaundice. Its best ever medicine for jaundice. But remember not to take milk and turmeric for next 2 months.
- Eat yellow papaya and vegetable of green papaya.
Treatment for Jaundice in babies / Jaundice in newborns
- Take 1 baby leaf of Peepal tree (Ficus religiosa) and wash with clean water. Grind this leaves with sugar candy or sugar to make a paste. Now mix this paste in 50gm water and filter with a clean cloth. This filtered water is one of best home remedy for jaundice for newborn and babies. Fill this water in bottle with nipple and feed your baby twice a day. Follow this for 2 -3 days will give 100% relief in icterus.
Foods avoided for jaundice
- Do not eat butter, oil, turmeric, red chili, hot spices, pickle and all sour foods to reduce Jaundice symptoms.
- Mustard seeds, sesame seeds, sesame seeds, gram flour, arbi (Taro), gram, urad dal (Black lentils), cake, oily food etc.
- Avoid sitting under sun rays, sitting near fire, hard work, too much walk, anger, tension and sex to reduce Jaundice symptoms.
- Do not take alcohol, cigarette, tobacco, meat, fish, tea etc.
- Drink only filtered water.