How to relieve neck pain
What is Neck pain or Cervical pain?
Neck Pain : Like a deep and strong root is a base of a strong tree, back bone (vertebral column / spine) has same place in human body. Spine is made of 33 vertebrae. 7 Out of 33 are related to our neck and these are known as cervical vertebra. These 7 vertebrae are responsible for working of neck, eyes, ears, brain, head, nose tongue, teeth and thyroid. That’s why any problem in neck also affects these body parts.
Home remedies for neck pain
1. Take 4 garlic (Allium sativum) pieces / cloves and put into 30 gm mustard oil. Now put half tea spoon ajwain (carom / Trachyspermum ammi) in it and put on low flame. When garlic and carom get black then put it off the flame and wait this to be cold little bit. After some time filter this oil. Now do some massage on your neck using this oil. This garlic oil will surely give you relief in neck and shoulder pain.
2. Put 10 gm kapoor (CAMPHOR) and 200 gm mustard oil in a glass bottle and put this bottle under sun rays for 1 hour. After one hour kapoor will be mixed in mustard oil. Now do some massage on your neck using this oil. This garlic oil will surely give you relief in constant neck pain.
3. Soaking in Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate) might be very helpful for the release of muscle aches and neck pain. Epsom Salt is also known as Magnesium Sulfate.
4. Exercise your neck muscles slowly. Slowly rotate your neck in a circular motion to help stretch out the agitated muscles. Move your neck slowly in round motion for few seconds. Stop if you feel pain and start again after few minutes.
5. Soak a clean towel in hot water and apply that towel around your neck for 10 minutes. Hot water bath can also relieve neck pain. You can also apply a heating pad for a couple of minutes to help to stimulate blood flow in your neck.
6. Cook 2 garlic cloves in some mustard oil for 10 minutes. When garlic gets black, switch of the flame and allow oil to be cool for some time. When oil gets normal temperature, use this oil to massage muscles of neck area. Massage should be done slowly.
7. Magnetic Neck Band is helpful to relieve neck pain. Wear this magnetic band for 10 to 15 minutes.
Neck pain symptoms
In the beginning of Neck pain / cervical pain, patient feels pain and clamps (akdan) in neck. Slowly slowly pain and clamps increases. Then pain starts in shoulders, head and both hands. Patient feels numb ( sunn hona ) in both or one hand.
Neck pain causes
Here are the main causes of neck pain:
- Wrong way of sitting and standing.
- Lack of vitamins and minerals in food
- Eating oily, spicy and stale food.
- Lack of hard work.
- Sleeping on soft and thick surface
- Problem in digestion and CONSTIPATION
- Tension and anger
Natural neck pain home remedies
Food is the base of natural treatment. If patient is eating wrong food or unhealthy food which is lack of vitamins D , iron , calcium and phosphorus then it leads to issues in bone development which leads to osteopenia. To overcome this situation patient should eat food rich of vitamins and calcium like carrot, lemon, amla (Phyllanthus emblica / amalaki ), radish ( mooli ), spinach (palak), Methi, fenugreek (methi), tomato, orange, mausami (SWEET LEMON ), apple, grapes, papaya etc. Patient should eat sprouted food.
Water therapy for neck pain
Water therapy for neck pain like steam bath, hot & cold water patti around neck and spinal cord bath are beneficial in cervical pain. It helps to relieve neck pain.
Neck pain treatment using sun rays
Red and orange sun rays are very beneficial in neck pain. Sun rays also provide vitamin D to make your bones stronger and developed. Patient should lie down on stomach for 10 minutes under sun rays to get sun rays directly on neck and spinal cord. Head should be covered with wet cloth to protect from sun rays.
Massage for neck pain / How to get rid of a Stiff Neck
Patient should have a massage on neck using mustard or Sesame Oil. Massage should be done using soft hands. It is best to have this massage under sun rays.
Yoga for neck pain / Neck pain exercises
- Move your neck forward and backward.
- Move your neck from left to right and right to left little bit fast for several minutes.
- Cold followed by heat is a quick, easy, and relaxing way to relieve some of the discomfort of a stiff.
- Sarpasana, bhujangasana and dhanurasana are best exercise for neck pain.
Things to remember
- Patient having neck pain should not do any mental hard work during treatment.
- Patient should not have any load on neck and eyes.
- Patient should sleep for 7 hours every day without any tension.
- Patient should focus on posture of sitting and standing. During sitting spinal cord should be straight
- Patient should sleep on hard surface rather than soft surface.
- Patient should not use pillow.