Itching home remedies
Find Home remedies for itching, natural cures for itchy skin & Ringworm natural treatment.
What is itching?
Itching is generally a sensation which compels or forces one to scratch the affected part of the skin. This is an irritating sensation on the affected area and the medical term used for itchiness is pruritus. Itchiness generally starts with some sort of external stimuli which are an inbuilt defense mechanism which alerts a human body of being harmed. Generally mild to moderate crawling is common but can get worse and frustrating. When one feels like itching, the first response is stretching the spot to remove the irritant as early as possible. After scratching, there is a feeling of some relief. Itchiness affects can be generalized i.e. itching occurs over whole body or localized i.e. itching sensation on a particular area. Sometimes a spot or rash may occur at the spot of itching. Modern research has revealed that itching has many similarities to that of pain. Pain creates withdrawal reflex whereas psoriasis leads to scratch reflex.
There are many reasons for prickling to occur. Some of the major reasons are listed below:
Skin rashes and skin conditions: many skin condition itches which include chickenpox, scabies eczema (dermatitis), hives, skin infections, skin rash, psoriasis, as well as lice. This usually affects specific spots which may be accompanied by other symptoms such as red or irritated skin.
Dry skin: having dry skin is one of the most major causes of itchy skin. Dry skin diminishes natural barrier in between the skin and the environment. The cells of the skin dry out and leave behind the body with itchy feeling. Dry skin occurs from various environmental factors like cold or hot weather with very low humidity, long exposure to air conditioner, heating, exposure to dust etc.
Internal diseases: Crawling can also be caused due to some internal diseases. Some of these diseases are anemia, thyroid problems, lymphoma, kidney failure, cancer etc. Itching due to internal diseases generally affects the whole body.
Allergic reactions and irritation: Some substances like soaps, chemicals, wool etc can cause irritation to the skin and in turn Crawling. Sometimes cosmetics can also cause itching. Allergies caused by food may also result in skin irritation.
Medicines: Reaction to antibiotics and also anti fungal drugs may lead to rashes as well as irritation.
Nerve Disorder: Nerve disorders like multiple sclerosis, shingles, pinched nerves etc may cause itching.
Pregnancy: Some women experiences itchy skin during pregnancy especially in things and lower abdomen.
Major symptoms of itching are as follows:
- Redness of the skin
- Spots, bumps or blisters
- Cracked or dry skin
- Scaly texture to the skin.
Home remedies for itching and Ringworm / How to stop itching
Here are some easy homemade remedies to get rid of itching.
- Take 20 gm coconut oil and mix 1 gm kapoor (camphor) in it. Apply this oil in whole body will give you 100% relief in Crawling. It is one of best home remedies for itching. It will also protect form other skin diseases. It will also protect you from itchy skin at night, itchy rash and itchy bumps on skin.
- Apply this oil on Ringworm at night. It will give you sure relief in 3 days.
- If your skin at finger top has swelling or pain, then apply this oil on fingers.
- Take 4 gms triphala churna at night before going to bad for few days. It will stop irritation. Try avoiding oily and spicy food during this period.
- Taking 1 gm black pepper powder with 10 gm cow butter will give you 100% relief in every kind of itching and Ringworm. Take it every morning for 21 days with empty stomach. Do not eat anything for next 2 hours.
- Boil some neem (Azadirachta indica leaf / Indian Lilac leaf) leaves in water. Use that water for bath. It will give you sure relief in every skin problem. Eat few undeveloped neem leaves every morning. It will cleanse your blood. This is how to relieve itching using natural remedies for itchiness.
- Lemon: Lemons are one of the best remedies against Crawling as they are a rich content of vitamin C as well as have good bleaching properties. The volatile oil present in the lemon numbs the itchy sensation and is good against inflammation. Putting a lemon over the itchy area allows some relief.
- Tulsi: Tulsi leaves are very rich in eugenol, camphor and thymol and all these have the capability to reduce skin irritation. Just wash tulsi leaves and rub them gently over the itchy area. This will reduce the irritation to a great extent.
- Baking Soda: If the itching sensation is restricted to small area, using baking soda may provide good remedy. Baking soda and water is to be mixed in the ratio of 3:1 to make a paste. After that the paste is to be applied in the affected area. It is to be noted that the paste of baking soda should not be used if the skin in broken.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is the most effective agent for skin smoothing. Rubbing aloe Vera gel over the affected area for a few minutes reduces skin irritation and gives instant relief.
- Boil some mustard oil in a iron pot. When oil start boiling then add some neem leaves (Azadirachta indica) in it. When neem leaves turns black then put the iron pot off the flame and allow to be cool for some time. Then filter this oil and store in a glass bottle. Apply this oil at infected area 3 times a day. It will stop itching in few days.
- Mix powder of 10 black pepper with 10gm cow milk. Eat this mixture every day for 8 days. Its best home remedy for skin problems like itching, ringworm etc.