Bhumi amla medicinal plant (Phyllanthus niruri)
Since time immemorial, Bhumi Amla has been used as a medicinal plant. It is an annual herb and as a whole used in various treatments. It is famous for its anti-viral activities across the world. It has been seen growing in coastal areas. It looks like Amla and grows 50-70cm high. Hence of Amla like appearance and short height, it is called as Bhumi Amla. Because of its low harvest in the climatic situation, it has to go through the shortage. The seeds can be sown from late April to late May. After 3 months, the crops get ready for harvest. The plant can be described as analgesic and digestive.
The genus Phyllanthus means leaf and flower. The flowers and seeds are seemed to be united with the leaves. The leaves are small and flowers are whitish green.
Buy effective medicines of Bhui amla
Le’ayur Bhui Amlaki OR Bhui Amla (Phyllanthus niruri) Powder 100 Gms
HealthyBox – BACFO – HAIRBAC Oil 100 ml X 4 Bottles For Healthy Long & Shiny Black Hair
HealthyBox- BACFO – HAIRBAC – 120 Capsules + Hair Oil 2 Bottles of 100 ml – For Healthy Long & Shiny Black Hair
ShubhBhakti – Bhui Amla – Bhumyamalaki -Phyllanthus niruri – 50 Gram
Botanical name- Phyllanthus niruri
Geological distribution of Bhumi Amla
The plant is mostly seen in India, China, Philippines, Cuba, Nigeria, Guam, and West Africa, America. In India, it grows as a weed in rainy season in Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Sikkim, and Odisha. This is a tropical weed and can survive during high rainfall.
Medicinal use of Bhumi Amla
Bhumi Amla is a medicinal plant used in India. It has several medicinal properties such as hepatoprotective, antiviral, anticancer, anti-diabetic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It cures inflammation of the liver. The extract of the plant is used to cure Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. Specialists expect it to cure AIDS in the days to come.
- It gives relief from jaundice, dyspepsia, ulcers, wounds, chronic dysentery, diabetes, dropsy and menorrhagia. Because of its bitter, cold and astringent nature; it is useful for cough, asthma and spleen disorder.
- A paste of Bhumi Amla plant can be used to get relief from swelling of breasts.
- The juice of the leaves can be used for abdominal pain. The dry powder of Bhumi Amla mixed with black pepper can be used to cure diabetes.
- The leaves crushed with milk can be taken for any kind of urinary disorder. A paste of this can be applied on fracture, and it purifies blood. It lowers the lipid activity.
- It can be used for any kind of liver problem and clearing gall bladder stones. The paste can be used on skin to reduce itching.
- Leaves of the plant contain alkaloid phyllanthoside with strong antispasmodic activity and helps in treating spasms.
- Bhumi Amla shows anti-viral and anti-microbial effect. The seeds of these cure ringworms, wounds, scabies and ulcers in the Unani System.
- The juice of the plant is used to cure liver disorder. It can be used as a drink during dysentery, to stop diarrhea, vomiting stomachache and constipation. It is proved successful for gonorrhea.
- For the treatment of Syphilis, the juice can be added with cumin seed and sugar to take.
- The seeds of the plant contain chemical compounds like Linolenic acid and Receinoleic acid.
The use of Bhumi Amla is growing day by day in many parts of the world for the treatment of Jaundice and liver diseases.