Home remedies for vertigo (Dizziness)
What is vertigo
Vertigo is the specific kind of dizziness or the sense that you or the surrounding is spinning. Where in reality there is absolutely no movement. Vertigo is also known as lightheadedness or dizzy spells. It is the health condition that is marked with the perception of spinning motion as the result of dysfunction of vestibular system. People often consider vertigo as the fear of height, but that is an absolute misconception. This condition is associated with nausea, vomiting and balance disorder. So vertigo treatment should be done on time. Vertigo can occur irrespective of the age, but is more common in women as compared to men. There are three types of vertigo. The first one – objective vertigo, describes the condition when the patient feels that objects in the environment are in motion. The subjective vertigo is the condition in which the patient feels that he or she is in motion. The other one is pseudo vertigo, which is characterized by the feeling of intense rotation sense inside the patient’s head.
Also Read : How to increase height
In this article we will talk about vertigo cause, symptoms and Home remedies for vertigo.
Dizziness is caused due to problems in the inner ear or brain. Here you find what causes dizziness and Some of the main causes of dizziness are discussed here. Based on causes we will discuss about Home remedies for vertigo.
- Dizziness can be caused as the result of inflammation in the inner ear and is characterized by sudden onset of vertigo. It is often associated with loss of hearing. Inflammation in the inner ear is mostly caused by bacteria or viral infections. This is one of big dizziness causes.
- Meniere’s disease is an ear condition that can give rise to the vertigo condition.
- Acoustic neuroma is a type of nerve tissue tumor and can cause vertigo.
- Decrease in the flow of blood to the base of the brain can cause Dizziness. Its one of main causes of vertigo.
- Vertigo is caused as the primary symptom of multiple sclerosis. So vertigo treatment must be done asap.
- Head trauma or injury in the neck is known to cause vertigo.
- Severe migraine can also cause vertigo.
- vision problems.
- High blood pressure.
- Low blood pressure.
- High cholesterol level
- Lack of sleep
- Thyroid disease
- Blood vessel disease
- Prolonged bed rest
- Head injuries
- Calcium deficiency
- Brain tumour in cerebellum
- Certain medicines
- Brain tumour
- Poor vision
- Multiple sclerosis
- Motion sickness
Vertigo gives rise to the feeling that either the environment is moving or there is movement inside the patient’s head. Vertigo symptoms are often confused with those of light-headedness or fainting. It is important to identify the symptoms of vertigo which are specific to Dizziness; else the condition cannot be treated properly.
- Symptoms of Dizziness include the sensation of disorientation or motion. This is often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, sweating and abnormal movement of the eyes.
- The symptoms can last for minutes or even for hours.
- The patient can also suffer from hearing loss and ringing sensation in ears.
- Visual disturbances, weakness, difficulty in speaking are common.
- Feeling that everything is moving
- Difficulty in standing still and walking properly
- Everything appears twice
- Hard to swallow anything
- Weak limbs
- Difficulty in focusing and hearing
- Blurred vision
- Pain in the ear
- Facial paralysis
Home remedies for vertigo / vertigo treatment
When a patient has been diagnosed with vertigo and is under the supervision of a medical practitioner, certain home remedies can be tried to bring relief as vertigo treatment. There are some natural remedies which can bring relief to this condition and can be used for vertigo treatment.
- Amla benefits (Indian gooseberry) are unlimited. Take 6 gm dry amla and 6 gm dry coriander. Now fill a clay pot with 250 ml water and souse amla and coriander in it for whole night. Next morning crush both amla and coriander in water, mix 2 table spoon misri in same water, filter that and drink this water for 4 – 5 days will give you 100% relief. This is also used as migraine home remedies. One of best Home remedies for vertigo treatment.
- A physical therapy, called modified Epley maneuver involves movement of head and body while sitting on the bed. The doctor may prescribe the patient to practice this therapy at home as it can resolve the symptoms in very short time. Watch the demonstration for this.
- Vitamin D supplements are beneficial for patients with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.
- Ginger root, ginkgo biloba and coriander are some of the herbal remedies for vertigo treatment. This is one of best Home remedies for vertigo treatment. Taking ginger tea every day will give you some relief in dizziness.
- Drinking plenty of fluids like juices, avoiding caffeine and alcohol helps to improve the condition of dizziness. Its One of good Home remedies for vertigo treatment.
- Make sure to have sufficient sleep because lack of sleep can lead to sudden dizziness and nausea.
- Almonds are full of most nutritious contents. Grind some almonds and mix in a glass of lukewarm milk and drink. It will make you feel energetic and healthy and reduce dizziness symptoms. Best Home remedy for vertigo treatment.
- High blood pressure and Low blood pressure are causes of dizziness so follow my home remedies for high blood pressure and low blood pressure remedies for vertigo treatment.
- Take 1 glass lemon juice every day. Its beneficial in lot of body problems like Home remedies for vertigo, high blood pressure, heart problems, heart attack, vomiting etc.
- Take some fresh strawberries and grind them in fresh yogurt. Eat it. This is one of very fast, natural and easy home remedies for vertigo.
- Tulsi (Holy Basil) is best herbal medicine if you have vertigo problem. chew 2 Tulsi leaves everyday with empty stomach. You can also boil 2 basil leaves in one cup of water and then drink that slowly.
- Boil one teaspoon of dried valerian root in a cup of water for 10 minutes. Filter and drink this tea twice daily for two to three weeks.
- Make a paste of turmeric and apply on your forehead.
- Take fennel powder 5 gm and mix candy sugar in it. Consume this mixture everyday.
- Take some pomegranate juice and mix some lemon juice in it. Consume this whenever you have this problem.
- Take some black pepper powder and mix with some sugar and butter. Consume this mixture.
- Drink coconut water everyday.
- Mix some ginger juice and holy basil leaves juice with some honey and consume.
- Roast some currant with pure butter, apply some rock salt on it and consume.
- Mix 2 table spoonful of sugar and dry coriander powder. Consume this mixture.
- Boil 2 cloves in half glass of water and drink. It will give you instant relief in dizziness.