Plant Aloe vera benefits, uses and pictures
Since first AD, Aloe vera also known as Ghritkumari, is used as a medicinal plant and is called as the miracle plant. It is a stem less succulent plant species, which grows to 60-100 cm in height. The leaves are fleshy and thick. Each of the flowers is pendulous with yellow coloured tubular corolla 2-3cm long and grows on a spike up to 90cm high. Leaves and seeds are edible parts of the plant. The entire plant contains 99% of water. It is grown as a potted plant.
Botanical name and Family
Botanical name- Aloe vera
It is originally found in East Africa and Mediterranean regions. It is grown in marginal and sub-marginal soil with low fertility. The plant is used as a traditional medicine at Jamaica, Japan, Russia, South America, United States, Japan, Russia, South Africa and India. The plant species is found mostly in the Southern part of Arabian Peninsula, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania and other neighboring countries. It is widely grown ornamentally. The plant was introduced in Europe and China in the 17th century.
Medicinal Value & aloe vera benefits
Aloe vera is used as and appreciated for its healing, soothing and moisturizing property. It is full of nutritional benefits. It contains vitamins such as A, C, E, Vitamin B12, FOLIC ACIDS, B1, B2, B3. Apart from that, it contains 20 different minerals and includes calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, copper and many more. The medicinal properties are described below:
- It is famous for its rejuvenating property.
- It is used externally for the treatment of various skin diseases like eczema, cuts and burns and reduces pain.
- The gel prepared from Aloe vera used as a gel to straighten the curly hair.
- It is also used as a useful ingredient in various cosmetics such as powder, moisturizer, soap, shampoo or various lotions.
- The daily drinking of aloe vera juice cleanses the digestive system.
- It also eliminates constipation and also useful for the treatment of diarrhea.
- It increases the energy level in our food and removes fatigues and exhaustion.
- Ghritkumari juice is also used as a natural detoxifying in our body.
- It increases the immunity of our body and also used for the treatment of various ulcer.
- It is also helpful for joint pain and inflammation.
- It is added with yogurt and some other desserts.
- Internal use of Ghritkumari cures blood Glucose level in diabetes.
- It is used for a gastrointestinal disorder.
- The extracted Gel is used for the treatment of heart diseases in the western world.
- It has also been proved useful for anti-cancer activity.
- Ghritkumari is useful as an anti-aging agent.
- It is useful for the treatment of tumour.
- It is a good laxative and used for piles treatment at home.
- This is antibacterial and antiviral in property.
- It is also useful for the treatment of colic.
- Boiled aloe vera leaf vapour can be breathed for the treatment of chronic asthma.
- It is used against psoriasis.
- The gel can be used for the treatment of sores in mouth/ stomach sores.
- It promotes cellular oxygen and stimulates metabolism.
The Ayurveda, Unani, Homoeopathy and other traditional are using the best of Ghritkumari because of its medicinal property. Since 2000 years, the plant has never failed human being and most of the widely used plant in this planet.